Save Water and Get Rewarded!
2015 Utah Irrigation Product Rebate Program
There is a state program where you may receive up to $600 in rebates for installing water efficient irrigation controllers, nozzles, and drip systems. What's even better is that this program is only for central Utah.
Don't let this free money go to waste. Not only can you get cash back, the new equipment fill also help you save money on your water usage by being more efficient. Whether you are watering a small lawn and garden, or a full sized farm, you can benefit from this program.
If you do have a large farm, you may also qualify for a grant that may cover more than the $600 in rebates Click Here for information regarding a grant that could pay 50% of your upgrade cost.
Residential Rebate Program for 2015
Residential property owners who live within the District's boundaries (Salt Lake County, Utah County, Juab County, Sanpete County, Uintah County, Duchesne, and parts of Summit & Wasatch Counties) are eligible to apply for irrigation product rebates.
- Only eligible items (click here for PDF file or see list below) qualify for rebates and they must be installed before the rebate application is submitted. Items that are not on this list do not qualify for a rebate from CUWCD regardless if they are deemed "comparable" by a vendor or landscape contractor.
- The District reserves the right to modify or discontinue the program at any time. Changes will be posted to the website as soon as they are made.
- Maximum rebate is $599 per property per year.
- All application forms must be accompanied by a valid sales receipt/invoice showing date purchased, manufacturer name/make/model number and the total purchase price.
- Application forms without complete information or a valid receipt or invoice will be returned to the applicant and applicant must resubmit the form with the receipts/invoices before it will be processed.
- All rebate applications must be submitted within 90 days of the purchase date. No exceptions.
- Property owners applying for a rebate must agree to allow CUWCD staff to access their properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates. Should you be contacted for inspection, and the equipment is not installed at that time, the rebate will be denied and the property owner may not be able to apply for future rebates.
- Smart controllers are limited to one rebate per property each five years. If you are adding a SolarSync, ET System, or alternate eligible weather station to an existing controller, you must submit a photo showing that it has been installed.
- The rebate amounts are the same regardless if a property owner installs the equipment or if a contractor installs it. Contractors are not eligible for these rebates.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate to be processed. Applications with illegible, incomplete or inaccurate information may take additional time or be returned to applicant at the District's discretion.
- Rebate checks will only be mailed to the property address. As an alternative to a mailed check, a property owner can elect to pick up the rebate check at the District office in Orem.
You may submit your completed application and receipts to:
CUWCD Attn: Rebates
355 W. University Parkway
Orem, Utah 84058